Sunday, May 1, 2011

Darkness Lives

aIMG_7610 copy


A few days after the Trap Them show I went to Odense to catch up with my friends, the Cancer Bats. They were playing their first out of two Denmark shows so I thought I might as well bring my Camera along. I'm no band/concert photographer nor have I any intension of becoming one. I have noticed increase of cameras in front of the stages at the last many shows I have been too. It puzzles me a bit. It also makes me feel guilty when I'm standing there with my camera. I'm not trying to be cool or get in on a trade that is already more than full of wannabes. I guess I take that with coming from tattooing. I hate when I see tattooers who are just in it for the coolness factor. I don't take band pictures because that's the new cool thing to do. I don't say that the people I see in front of the stages do that either, I'm just surprised how many there are these days. I like to take pictures of people. I love it actually. I thrills me. I love seeing the world through my cameras. That doesn't mean that I think that I am a professional photographer of any kind but neither do I feel the urge to be one. I am a tattooer and that's what I do for a living. This photo taking thing however has become a great passion and an addiction to me.
I don't really know where I was going with this but I guess I had to get it out.

Anyway...I chose to shoot both in RAW and JPG (BW in camera) in case I wanted to go for colour later. That turned out to be a pretty good idea since a lot of the shots actually turned out pretty cool in colour. Now I am sitting with the problem of having to convert from RAW to JPG so it might take a bit longer before the colour shots gets here. It also means that there might be a couple of the same shots in the batch but I will try to mix it up.

We had some really awesome days hanging with Bats & crew. You guys are awesome.

Click a picture to go to my flickr for more.

aIMG_7445


aIMG_7483 copy


aIMG_7485 copy


aIMG_7572 copy


aIMG_7589 copy


aIMG_7655 copy


aIMG_7476 copy


aIMG_7686 copy

No comments: